Definitions and meaning of crit
- IPA(key): /kɹɪt/
- Rhymes: -ɪt
From criticism, critique, critical, criterium, and critical hit, by shortening.
crit (countable and uncountable, plural crits)
- (informal) Criticism.
- (informal) Critique.
- (informal) A proponent of critical legal studies.
- (cycling) A criterium race.
- (slang, role-playing games) A critical hit.
crit (third-person singular simple present crits, present participle critting, simple past and past participle critted)
- (transitive, slang, role-playing games) To land a critical hit on.
- 2010 Christopher Wragg, replying to Timothy Ryan's MMO Balancing Techniques Gamasutra
- Now when talking randomness, players don't mind as long as it's not a negative random chance, for instance, missing causes more annoyance than an opponent dodging, we don't mind an opponent critting against us, but we hate it if something we do affects how much damage we take (aka rolling a 1).
- January 2013 Elliot Metson, Team Fortress 2 guide - conquering Mann vs Machine's expert mode PC Gamer
- Finally, the Axtinguisher just about edges the Neon Annihilator as the best melee weapon because you're in control of whether your target's on fire or not, whereas the Neon Annihilator's critting of wet targets is down to your team.
- August 2013 Nic rowen, Rogue Legacy: Family survival guide Destructoid
- It's easy to look past his low health when he's critting for triple damage on more than half his hits.
- 2014 Phil Savage, Team Fortress 2's 'Love and War' update out now PC Gamer
- Chiefly, I suspect, it's because we want to try out the Soldier's new parachute. Although, I'm just as interested in the Scout's new back-critting shotgun.
- 2016 Dota 2 7.00 patch adds Monkey King, talents, new HUD, more PC Invasion
- Boundless Strike looks like Fissure only without the giant wall of earth, instead critting and stunning enemies in a line.
- 2017 League of Legends Patch 7.11 change list The Rift Herald
- Fixed a bug where, when Statikk Shiv’s chain lighting was proc’d by Pulsefire Ezreal’s Q - Mystic Shot, it wasn’t properly critting at 100% crit chance
- (medicine, colloquial) Short for haematocrit.
- (Balearic, Central, Valencian) IPA(key): /ˈkɾit/
- Rhymes: -it
crit m (plural crits)
- cry (shout or scream)
- cry (words shouted or screamed)
- cry (sound made by an animal)
- “crit” in Diccionari de la llengua catalana, segona edició, Institut d’Estudis Catalans.
- “crit” in Diccionari català-valencià-balear, Antoni Maria Alcover and Francesc de Borja Moll, 1962.
- “crit” in Gran Diccionari de la Llengua Catalana, Grup Enciclopèdia Catalana.
- (short for) criticism.
(source: Collins Scrabble Dictionary)