Is WOS a Scrabble Word | Words made with the letters WOS | WOS in Scrabble dictionary?
- Scrabble Dictionary. Word Meaning and Points
Wos in Scrabble Dictionary
What does wos mean? Is wos a Scrabble word?
How many points in Scrabble is wos worth? wos how many points in Words With Friends? What does wos mean? Get all these answers on this page.
Scrabble® and Words with Friends® points for wos
See how to calculate how many points for wos.
Is wos a Scrabble word?
Yes. The word wos is a Scrabble US word. The word wos is worth 6 points in Scrabble:
Is wos a Scrabble UK word?
Yes. The word wos is a Scrabble UK word and has 6 points:
Is wos a Words With Friends word?
Yes. The word wos is a Words With Friends word. The word wos is worth 6 points in Words With Friends (WWF):
Valid words made from Wos
You can make 6 words from 'wos' in our Scrabble US and Canada dictionary.
All 3 letters words made out of wos
wos ows wso swo osw sow
Note: these 'words' (valid or invalid) are all the permutations of the word wos. These words are obtained by scrambling the letters in wos.
Definitions and meaning of wos
- Eye dialect spelling of was.
- 1876, Edward Everett Hale, "Phillip Nolan's Friends; or, 'Show Your Passports!'", Scribner's Monthly, Vol. XII, No. 1, page 20:
- She wos real good to 'em all, she wos, ma'am.
The word is related to wus, wuss (“wasp”).
wos f (diminutive woska)
- Superseded spelling of wós.
From Proto-Germanic *wōsą, from Proto-Indo-European *weys- (“to flow”). Akin to Middle Low German wose (“foam; froth”), Old English wāse (“marsh; mire”).
wōs n (nominative plural wōs)
- juice, sap; moisture
- Middle English: wos, wose
- genitive singular of wōh
- WORTHY, (obsolete) to make worthy, to honour.
(source: Collins Scrabble Dictionary)